Check Out the Cool Kids

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Pocket Muse, Day 1 (And so it begins. . .)

One of the things that I've decided to do is to take advantage of a book I've had for a while.  It's titled The Pocket Muse by Monica Wood.  I've linked the Amazon page in the sidebar.  This little book is a random collection of vignettes, questions, and pictures meant to give your creativity a boost when it needs it.  I'm going to try and work my way through every entry here on this blog.

There will be some days I just post a picture of my own, or something I feel the need to share, but on days like today when the neighborhood dogs decided to bark in chorus for half an hour, I need a little help.  So here it goes.

(I'm not going to share the prompts themselves.  If you're that curious, buy the book!)

The Pocket Muse, Day 1

I think I've always been waiting for the perfect time to begin writing.  My college days were saturated with writing at some kind of another, but always for someone else.  

I thought that one day I would have my "room of my own" and a little money from teaching.  Well, I've had said room and money for a while, but the rest of life got in the way as well.

If I don't start now, when I can focus on it, and carry it over to when life gets in the way again, I don't think it will ever happen.

Never enough time.
Life's in spurts and starts always,
Waiting for moments..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...