Check Out the Cool Kids

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Frenzied Update and a New Favorite

I'm still running a bit behind on my Script Frenzy screenplay, but I think I can catch up.  (Ahh!  I just realized there's only 24 days left!  That doesn't sound like much.)

The pie chart to the right shows my progress.  Hopefully we'll be seeing more orange soon.

While procrastinating yesterday, I was listening to Pandora.  If you haven't been turned on to this yet, prepare to be obsessed. (See my ramblings about Pandora and other great Droid apps here.)

After seeing him in concert a couple of months ago, I created a Frank Turner station. 

One of my favorite songs by Frank is embedded below.  Keep in mind that its NSFW and a bit confusing for non-Brits like myself.  (I did a lot of googling on Thatcher after hearing this one)



God bless Pandora, because of my Frank Turner station, I got turned on to The Wind Whistles.  They're a two person Canadian folky-indie group (Think similar to The Mouldy Peaches).  I completely fell in love with "Good Friends Won't Rip You Off."



The great news?  You can download both of The Wind Whistles albums for free!  They will of course take donations, and I plan on sending one their way.

Free albums:
http://www.aaahh-records.net/releases/

Check out the other Aaahh Records Groups:
http://www.aaahh-records.net/

So, whenever my brilliant ;) screenplay gets made into a movie, I'm going to demand that The Wind Whistles gets to make the soundtrack.

Yeah for the little guy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

24 days may not seem like a lot, but if you keep at it, you'll be fine! Don't give up! :)

I don't know what I would do without Pandora! I've discovered a lot of new music through it and it's invaluable in my classroom for background music.

Witless Exposition said...

Thanks! I keep hoping I'll catch up. I guess I'll see how it goes.

I'm so in love with Pandora! I'm really jealous. The last school I taught at didn't really have enough bandwidth to stream it (unless you were there working late).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...