- Right around the 4th of July is a great time to have your birthday (in the US). There's already lots of parties, parades, and fireworks going on, but you don't get shortchanged on gifts.
- It's never acceptable to give cosmetics as a birthday present. Just think of the implications.
- You shouldn't make jokes about someone's age if they're in the 5-10 range (i.e. 25-30, 35-40, 45-50). You might make them cry.
- Joke candles are only funny if the birthday boy/girl is slightly drunk and you're sober.
- Your birthday is the only day you can eat cake for every meal and not feel guilty.
And for all of you that aren't turning a year older today: