Check Out the Cool Kids

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Gamer Girl Tuesday: What's in my wish list

I really haven't had much time to actually play games this week (I'm hoping to fix that over the weekend). So instead of a review or another ramble down Silent Hill way, I thought I'd give you a sneak peak at some of the games I'm really looking forward to laying down money for.




DC Universe Online
If you've read any of my Wonder Woman posts, you might have figured out that I'm more of a DC girl than a Marvel fan (although you really can't get better than X-Men in many ways, not the movies, the comics).  So when I saw this teaser trailer, my head exploded a little.



Now, it is a cinematic trailer, but the gameplay clips and reviews I've seen are all really positive.  You create a completely original superhero (or villain) and then choose of the DC Trinity to train under.  It is an MMO (Massive Multiplayer Online), and I haven't researched enough about PVP (Person vs Person), so that has me a bit nervous, but I'm really looking forward to it.


Bulletstorm
Ok, I have to admit that generally, I hate FPS games (first person shooters). My reaction times suck, and so I usually end up dead. But this one looks so unique, funny, and different than the glut of games that are on the market that my interest is really peaked. (Warning: the game is for adults, so expect lots of violence and some language.)




Stacking
A great indie puzzle game that has some pretty beautiful graphics and a great game idea. You play as the center part of a Russian nesting doll. To find your way through the puzzles, you can jump inside other dolls and use their abilities. Sadly it's only available on the XBox and PS3 gaming systems, so you're out of luck if you don't have one.




Dead Island
I know nothing about this game other than it has zombies and has probably the best game trailer I've ever seen. But fair warning, there's a lot of blood and gore and the trailer has been making grown men cry all over the interwebs. Amazing storytelling, and I can't wait to see more about the game.

7 comments:

Cpt Pownzor said...

i have wanted to check out stacking. Bulletstorm looks like a fun ride too.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Gamer girls are such a rare breed. I'm going to check out Bullet Storm but have steered clear of the DC online game because I got sucked into World of Warcraft for four years of my life and just don't wanna get into that thing again. I am looking forward to Diablo III.

Tanya Reimer said...

--This game is for adults only-- I can't wait to play games with warnings again! LOL. We're stuck on Mario around our house right now.

I sent you an email. Let me know if you got it.

Anonymous said...

The worst FPS game: Resident Evil for Wii. Holy cow, I could NOT stay alive!

But anyhow, BIG congrats on reaching your February W1S1 goals. Well done.

RachelLynn said...

I am definitely more of a DC fan than marvel, and I LOVE Wonder Woman! Can't wait to try DC Universe Online, it looks AWESOME! :)

Anonymous said...

Bulletstorm definitely looks worthwhile. It kinda reminds me of Unreal Tournament! The last game I played was the very lame Prince of persia 2008 version. All he did was jump around :S
Not cool.

Lorraine said...

I wish I were a gaming girl. I has no skillz. Though that first trailer-thingy looked incredibly nommy.

Lor

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...