|Click here for more participants!|
I feel a bit like I'm cheating, but I actually have a pretty jam-packed weekend ahead of me, so this is going to be a bit short and sweet.
If you weren't aware, there's currently a revitalization of Zombies lately. They seem to be everywhere. So I thought I'd narrow down the field a little and share some of my favorite zombie-themed stuff.
- Shaun of the Dead--A great tongue-in-cheek take on zombies (sorry, not supposed to use the zed word.) that is at times hilarious, touching, and quite scary. The Queen "Don't stop me now" montage is one of my favorite scenes.
- Dawn of the Dead--The remake was my first venture into the new, faster zombie. And from the creepy zombie girl in the beginning, to the last fateful scene, it's not a movie for the weak at heart.
- Night of the Living Dead--The original George Romero film is still one that any zombie aficionado needs to check out. It has lost some of it's terror levels through the passing of time, but still his best. (Ignore anything he's made in recent years, they keep getting worse and worse.)
- 28 Days Later--A pretty brutal and visceral movie that once again stars fast zombies. (Although some have debated if there are really zombies in the movie, it has all the conventions of one, so I count it.) Watch out for the creepiest performance Christopher Eccleston has ever given.
- The Walking Dead--Both a comic series and a new AMC series. Both are chilling and wonderful, but don't worry, they're both so different from each other (different characters die, or don't; whole plotlines are rearranged, and the gore of zombies is explored in different manners) that you can enjoy one or both without compromising either one.
Congratulations to all of my fellow bloggers that have made it through the challenge!