- I had a short story rejected from an anthology. I really expected it, though, because it has a kid as a protagonist and the anthology is aimed at adults.
- My music piece got rejected from Splinter Generation.
- My rejection e-mail from Splinter Generation was really encouraging. They said they really liked my writing, but the topic wasn't quite right. They encouraged me to keep submitting other pieces to them.
- I got accepted as a contributing writer to Frequency Magazine. It's a non-paying gig, but I'm really excited about it.
- For Frequency, I'm doing a piece on The Wind Whistles (I linked a video of theirs a couple of weeks ago), and I'm getting to do an interview with them for it!
- I've sold two more articles to Associated content, and am waiting to hear about another one. So, I've got about $6.99 from them. (Not much, I know, but it's still good to me!)
- I sold an essay to Existential.com. They paid me $50. Right now it feels too good to be true, and I keep waiting for some kind of error message from my paypal account.
If you guys don't mind, please check out my Associated Content stuff. If you and 999 friends click on a link I get $1.50. :-)
Weirdest Posts on Craigslist
Men's Grooming tips from a Woman's View
Bruised Knees and Ribs: My Life at the Edge of the Pit
Crafting for Charity: Marine Corps Kids