Check Out the Cool Kids

Monday, April 19, 2010

Being Passive Agressive while Taking Cyanide with a Crochet Squid

What can I say, today's Monday Randomness is as schizophrenic as my title.  Sometimes I'm not even sure what keywords and link follows create my random history.  Maybe one day I'll keep track.

First up, two of the funniest notes I've ever read.  I fear that when the husband and I have kids, we'll find notes like these all the time.  That's what happens when two really sarcastic, smart, and a bit dramatic at times people get together.  Check it out at Passive Aggressive Notes.

Next up is Cyanide and Happiness.  If you haven't heard about this comic, I order you to start reading it.  It's some of the funniest comics you can find out there. Warning: it contains very, very dark humor.  Here's one of my favorite recent ones:

Finally, some future craft projects that I'm trying to narrow down.  I'd like to finish it for the My Favorite Things Swap that I'm a part of (very excited about getting my swap partner's address soon).  Maybe you can help me decide.  (They're all in honor of my love for this Jonathan Coulton song)



I want to crochet a squid or jellyfish to send to my swap partner. So far, my favorites are these (click on the image for a link to the pattern):

 

 



Which do you like the best? 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...all three are good. The last one is really cute. The music video made me laugh out loud!

Witless Exposition said...

I love that song! Poor giant squid.

I think I'm leaning to the third one, too. I might try and make the tentacles like the first one, though. Not 100% sure yet.

Tabitha Wells said...

All three are cute. I personally like the first one.

Witless Exposition said...

I love the tentacles on that one. I had better dig out my crochet hooks or none of them might be made! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...