Check Out the Cool Kids

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The truth behind Asian horror girls.

On Saturday, a culmination of slight insults to my back created some of the worst pain I've probably felt.  Out the window went all my great plans of writing, etc.

For the greater part of the day I lay on the floor with my feet elevated.  At one point I decided it was time to switch to the couch.  What happened was this:





Ok, so maybe not exactly. But I did feel like I was possessed and I did actually crawl a bit of the way.  Thank God for the hubby, he was mean enough to make me eat something, get in the tub, etc.  You know all those things you don't feel like doing when your spine is trying to escape.

I feel a lot better today.  I even managed to walk around a bit without looking too twitchy and possessed.

So, the lesson today is we all misjudged the girl from The Ring, or The Grudge, or A Tale of Two Sisters (unbelievably great Korean horror movie).  They aren't evil.  Their backs just hurt.

Give the ghosts a break and some Advil.  They'll leave you alone.

4 comments:

Carly Anne said...

Ugh. I have a compounded disc in my back; it often relegates me to the horror movie crawl as well...

Also, as a possible pending English teacher (I'm in pre-req Master's courses) that's less than convicted, I'm curious as to what spurred your "re-evaluation..."

Carly

All this is Grace and Charm
http://allthisgraceandcharm.blogspot.com

Witless Exposition said...

This was my first crawl. I hope I don't ever have to do it again!

My re-evaluation came mostly as part of a relocation. My husband makes the big bucks (well, compared to a teacher, that is) and we moved with his job.

I had taken a job only a fresh graduate or someone really desperate would take: teaching accelerated English 9th-12th. It was too much work for a fresh teacher and I basically burnt out.

I think if I had a different position, it would have been better.

Unknown said...

She even made me grade from time to time. I may know the syntax of a programming language but, the English language is still way beyond my comprehension.

I'd say her first few years was like watching a swirling toilet of despair...things got a little brighter when a new administration was put in place but, overall I'd say the ridiculous amount of paper work ultimately kept her from being able to do her job effectively or with any sense of satisfaction or joy.

Just my opinion.

Witless Exposition said...

Pffftt. I think I was able to do it effectively. :) When the kids were involved there was satisfaction and joy. But the paperwork is a killer.

I also forgot to mention that during my first year of teaching I was also taking graduate level classes for my teaching certificate.

Overall, I think I made it about 70% harder than it had to be.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...