Check Out the Cool Kids

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Horses and Chocolates and Zebra, Oh My!

I feel like such a slacker this week, because I haven't been able to do any of the things that I've wanted.  I've been working a temp job, and I'm still trying to find the happy balance between actually paying the bills and being a writer. So this posting is a bit late, but better late than never!

Monday I got my swap box from the Favorite Things Swap hosted by Rachel Elizabeth at Delete the Adjectives. 

(Another evidence of my slacking is the fact that I still haven't sent mine off to its happy home.  The box I got made me ramp up what I'm sending because it was so great!)

I got a great box of goodies from Frenchi at Projectos de Dulce. I opened it up and there were so many great things inside.


First the yummy goodies.  Frenchi is a fellow tea lover, so I got two new types to try.  I also got some amazingly good cookies.  The chocolate icing melted and fused them together, which actually made them even better.  There's not much better than triple decker cookies.


I also got these killer socks.  My feet are perpetually cold, and my husband's legs are warm.  I'm sure he'll be thankful for them! (I don't know why, but I love taking pictures of my feet.  I have probably 20+shots of them on my computer.  But I don't even really like feet.  Weird)


Since Frenchi is from Florida, I got all sorts of cool touristy things (postcards, shells, etc).  In the picture are all the postcards, some cool stationary, and some trading cards (more on that later).


So these are Bella Star trading cards.  Each of them has a cool picture of a horse and an inspirational quote.  I would have been all over these during my Lisa Frank days.  Ok, I admit it, I'm all over these now!  I love the fire one (second from left).


The coolest part of the box was a really personal touch.  Frenchi hollowed out two eggs and put fortunes in them for me. It was so much fun cracking them open! The top one says "Everything is okay in the end.  If it's not okay, then it's not the end." The bottom one says "Never fear shadows. They simply mean there's a light shining somewhere nearby. -Ruth E. Renkel"


This was such a great experience, and I'm hoping to get my box sent out soon.  I'll let you know what treasures I packed into mine. You should check out the blogs and join up the next time one rolls around!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...