Check Out the Cool Kids

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Scared S-less, the Fail Whale, and my Swagger: Youtube Finds

A teaser first:  I'm taking part in June's Bloggerstock and I'm very privileged to have the hilarious Kara from Crayons and Cylons posting for me.  Look for that to come on June 30th.

Wasn't scared of the Easter Bunny before? Just wait.

Another misc selection of Youtube finds today.  First off, my dorky side.  I wouldn't consider myself a gamer, because I'm friends with some pretty high-end players, but I do have my franchise loyalties.  One of my biggest is to Silent Hill.  This is a great series that has scared me shitless more times than I can count!  Silent Hill 3 is probably the scariest game, and some of the flat out scariest things, I've ever watched/played.  The picture above is from the carnival section, easily one of the creepiest parts.

This week at E3 Konami released a teaser trailer for Silent Hill 8.  It looks really intriguing, and I'm excited for the first PS3 release.  I have a feeling it's going to be even scarier and disgusting than before! Yeah for sleepless nights!



I'm not sure exactly how I stumbled upon Current TV.  It's hidden among all the random channels on my cable.  But, I'm glad I did.  If you're unaware of Current, it's a new station that has almost all of their content also on Hulu, and a lot on Youtube.  One of my favorite shows is Super News, a great irony laced cartoon show.  Think of it as a Saturday morning version of The Daily Show.  Here's one of my favorite clips from the show.  And yes, I know I'm on Twitter.



And last but not least, a bit of swagger from the whitest girl you know.  I am unabashedly middle class and have no street cred, but I gotta say, I really like this song (despite the pretty terrible things she sings about) and it gets stuck in my head all the time.





Here's to starting the weekend on a good note!

Damn, I just remembered it's Thursday.

PS-Check out my new organization on "Check out the cool kids." Let me know if you're missing!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...