Check Out the Cool Kids

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Just a quick note



If you've been wondering where I've been (or not) I thought I'd give you a quick update on some randomness.

I've been on a temp assignment this week, and I've learned a couple of things:
  • The best temp assignments are the ones where you're left alone to do your thing
  • I really don't want to make friends with people on assignment
  • Audiobooks make brainless activities go by 1000x faster
  • My work ethic may work me out of a job (I do tasks much faster than the people think, it always makes me nervous that they'll just tell me to go home early)
I've also been able to cross of  several things on my 101 in 1001 list this month:
  • On vacation, have at least three pictures taken with me in them: I was able to get lots of pictures in Costa Rica. Even though I wasn't looking my best in every picture, I have proof I was there, and I faced my fear (or whatever you want to call it) about getting my picture taken at my current weight.
  • Beat the husband at a game of pool: During the same vacation, I was able to beat the husband.  I guess I put it on here because I had never beaten him, he had just always beaten himself (as it goes with every game I've played).  Even though I'm awful at it, I have a lot of fun playing pool.
  • Unload the dishwasher as soon as it's done every time for a week: I'm kindof cheating on this one.  I've just finally given up on my dishwasher.  The reason this was on my list is because if you leave dishes in there for long at all, they get a really gross musty smell, and you have to wash them all over again.  By bypassing the dishwasher and just washing them by hand, I avoid the issue. 
  • Find a good local bowling alley: We went with some friends this last Saturday.  It was actually really nice, a decent price, and is open 24/7.  But we went at peak hours, so we both had to get shoes that were a little too big and bowling balls that weren't quite the right fit.  The Husband got the short end of the stick, though, and got stuck with size 16 shoes.
Doesn't he look thrilled about his clown shoes?
 I also have three new articles up on Associated Content:

Saving Money by Making Your Own Wedding Invitations

Learning to Crochet with Easy Patterns

Three Unique Spins on Pride and Prejudice

I also posted an amazing recipe on my other blog, made even more awesome by a substitution I made the other day.

I'd be posting more often this week, but I've been getting up at 5:30 to get in to work, so it's kindof been killing my soul a little each morning.  Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I totally get the photo thing! Good for you. I often have a double chin in photos, but I made a deal with myself to not untag any photos on Facebook put up by others.

Witless Exposition said...

There's a couple of photos I would have really freaked out about in the past, but it was such a once in a lifetime trip! Really trying to get over the hangup.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...