Check Out the Cool Kids

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wannabe Writer #31 (Better late than never!)

Click for the origin
Where I am in the writing process:
I've gotten three articles published on Associated Content this week, so that feels good. I still haven't heard anything about the two short stories that I submitted. I haven't written any for a while on my novel, although I'm still interested in it.

My current problem:
Simply getting back in the habit of writing.  I know that summer is a busy season for everybody, but it's really thrown me off my game.  Now I need to focus on getting back in the swing of things.

My question this week:
In an effort to make some extra money and build my writing habit, I'm trying to write an article for Associated Content everyday.  My problem is that I'm starting to reach the bottom of my idea barrel.  Any hints for coming up with short non-fiction articles?

3 comments:

Miranda Hardy said...

I can imagine it would be difficult to write non-fiction when you have fiction on the mind. I can't even think of one thing to hint at you writing. Wish I could be more help to you. I need to check out your articles on Associated Content.

CollegiateDown said...

Use StumbleUpon, but with caution. It can get addicting. But it has great idea possibilities. Also read the news, online, or a local paper. Features will be especially good for ideas. Its just like teachers told us in elementary school: the key to being a good writer is to be an active writer.

Witless Exposition said...

Thanks, J.L!

I've checked out stumbleupon a couple of times, and always realize two hours have passed in a second!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...