Planning, planning, planning.
Small Packages posting day is tomorrow! It's not too late to sign up. Just in case you forgot the awesome prompt, here it is again:
In honor of Thanksgiving, and the beginning of a long line of colonists screwing over Native Americans, post about a time that you took advantage of someone. Or if you don't want to be that revealing about your darker side, write about a time that someone took advantage of you.
Looking forward to seeing what everyone has to say!
And now let the geek out commence:
I love this man.
And this weekend, I got to relive exactly what made me fall in love with David Bowie in the first place. Our local Geek Mecca had a sing/quote a long screening of Labyrinth. I'm young enough that I never actually got to see it in the theaters, so it was a special treat.
So here are the top five reasons I love David Bowie and Labyrinth:
1. David Bowie was my first crush. Really, re-watch the movie, he's pretty much liquid sex through the whole thing.
|You thought I was joking, huh?|
2. The music. Most of the music is pretty corny, but it's fun. There are some genuinely good songs though. "As the World Falls Down" and "Within You" are Classic creepy/sexy/sweet/dark Bowie at his best.
3. Jim Henson's puppets. Anything Jim Henson touched during his lifetime is gold to me. Give me a creepy puppet any day over a slickly done CGI creature. It doesn't matter how real it looks, Avatar is still just pixels to me. Ludo is really there.
4. Sara as a Mary Jane. Yeah, looking back, she's lost a lot of the luster she had for me, and she's a whiny spoiled brat, but when I first saw Labyrinth I was a whiny spoiled brat. I loved to play dress up and pretend, I thought life wasn't fair, and I was a brunette, too. Sara was the perfect placeholder for me.
5. I would say something touching here about how the movie reminds me of simpler times, a happy childhood, etc. etc. But I'll be honest. I love it because it's over the top, campy, pretty terribly acted, and has great 80s music. It's the movie equivalent to a huge slice of cake: terrible for you, but loads of fun.