It's also my ten year reunion this year. I opted not to go, because honestly, I have very little interest to see my classmates. Not very school spirited of me, but the ones that I really care about I know what they're doing.
So all this emphasis on graduating made me think back on my high school years and inspired a list.
|Blinded by the light, *mumble mumble* like a douche *mumble mumble*|
Ten Things I Learned in High School:
10. Bottom lockers suck.
9. Don't write embarrasing notes to your boyfriend/friend, because they will get posted on a bulletin board in the hallway.
8. When in trouble, confess to a little of the blame, but not all of it and your punishment will be lesser.
7. There's a 90% possibility you'll hate your graduation song (My class' first pick? "The Thong Song." Admin then picked that awful Vitamin C song for us)
6. The Fresh Prince was right, parents just don't understand.
5. Find a teacher that loves you and then become his/her teacher's aide. That way you can do whatever you want that period.
4. Kingdom, Phylum, Class, Order, Family, Genus, Species (Thank you Ms. Herrington)
3. A careful reading of Spark Notes and listening to class discussions will help you pass any English essay test.
2. The summer before the band/French/speech club goes on their big trip is the perfect time to join.
1. Every little old lady you meet during Senior year will tell you these are the best years of your life.
I think sometime soon I post a look back at high school. You know, passing my hindsight wisdom to a younger generation (so they can promptly ignore it, just like I did).