Check Out the Cool Kids

Saturday, April 9, 2011

A to Z Challenge: The Husband: My friend, my enabler

Click here for more participants!
I have to admit (at the risk of sounding like a sappy Hallmark card) that I am extremely lucky to have my Husband in my life.

In one of those rare moments that God has blessed me, in my husband, I really have found my best friend.  He gets me in a way that no one else does (even my closest girl friends), and understands what makes me tick, even when I can't.

He's willing to do whatever it takes to provide for me, and works hard to make sure I'm happy.  He's smart, funny, and charming in his own goofy way.

*Cue the awws or the retching from the mushiness*


Now, on to the geeky part. When he saw the title of this post he made a few grumblings, but he is my geeky enabler.

You see, with previous relationships, I was always a bit hesitant to show off my geekier side. I was worried that it would color how they saw me, somehow make me less attractive in their eyes. I was also afraid to show off how smart I was about certain topics. I'm not sure what led me to think this way, but it's taken years to be able to break out of that.

But my husband is the one that pushes me to do what I enjoy, no matter how geeky. He brags about me to others, and shows off my accomplishments with a pride in me that sometimes is overwhelming.

He is my friend, my comrade in geeky arms, and the one that pushed me to do what I love.

I love you, babe.

4 comments:

Raquel Byrnes said...

Thats not sappy, that's sweet. True love is always a wonderful thing to share.
Edge of Your Seat Romance

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Never be afraid to geek out in front of a geeky guy - we dig that stuff!
Excellent choice for H.

Coreene Callahan said...

Agreed....not sappy at all. And geeky is good. Haven't you heard? It's the new sexy! lol

Gotta love the men who love us for who we are. What would we do without them?

Nate Wilson said...

I feel you should always embrace your inner geek. Luckily for you, if you're not up to it on a given day, your husband can embrace it for you.

While I don't need an enabler for my geekery, I can always count on my wife to support me in my hackneyed attempts at writing.

Wonderful post!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...