Check Out the Cool Kids

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Preparing for Monday

So I'm gearing up for Monday which is:

  • The start of 50k in 50 days.
  • The screening day for substitute teaching.
  • My 7th anniversary (what is that, the tin foil year?)
It's a big day all the way around.

I'm a bit nervous about the 50k challenge.  I know that it's just 1,000 words per day, without editing or even really reading what you've written.  The whole point is to get words down on paper (or computer screen).  I guess I'm just worried on if anything will come out at all! 

After a lot of thought, I still haven't made up my mind about continuing teaching.  There's a big part of me that hates the idea that I've wasted all those years of college (and student loan money).  But there's an even bigger part that says "Please, don't make me go back!"  So to make a little extra money and test out to see if I really miss the classroom, I've applied to be a substitute teacher.  I can work just a handful of days a month and add a good bit to paying the bills (and fun money).

And then most important of all, I've survived seven years with this man:


He really isn't that bad, just really hates taking pictures.  Prepare yourself on Monday to be inundated with all sorts of nostalgic mushy-ness.  All joking aside, he's my rock and the reason I'm still sane.



On a side note:
I've crossed off two items on my 101 in 1001 list.  I've officially finished the outline for my Lilith novel.  I'm really excited, and I think it will be even better than I had hoped.  And I ordered the first issue from the Wonder Woman reboot.  If you read my rant about WW, then you can't be surprised with my choice there.

I'm also about 90% done with a short story that I'm going to submit for publication.  I'd like to get some feedback, so if you're interested in giving it a once over and helping me catch typos, etc, let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...