|Click here for more participants!|
In all honesty, the choice of using Wonder Woman for my W day was a knee jerk reaction. Now that I've sat down and tried to write it, I'm not really sure what to say about her that I haven't already. So instead of talking about specifics, I'm going to try and talk you guys into giving the actual comic a try.
Even though the reboot is a few issues in, you can still join in on the relaunch. (And back issues are pretty easy to find if you're really interested, sadly, the book hasn't quite picked up the speed DC was hoping for.)
So why should you check it out?
- New costume: I wasn't sure about it at first, but now that she's ditched the 80s jacket, I actually really like it.
- Even if you haven't been following for years you can catch up on the action very quickly. The Reboot has basically made it a whole new story (even though there are hints that we'll get back to familiar territory soon).
- The comic has has some switches in artwork and writing, but the last couple of issues seem to have hit its stride.
- There's going to be some big show downs coming up soon.
- Some interesting characterizations of Diana that we haven't seen before.
- Help support a series that hasn't always gotten the best treatment.
- Birds of Prey: Follow the original Batgirl (now Oracle) and her team fight crime. Written by the famous Gail Simone who is basically agreed to have created the best WW series in recent times.
- Gotham City Sirens: Like your girls with a bit of edge? You can't get much edgier than Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and Catwoman
- Zatanna: Watch as this powerful magician fights the forces of evil (usually with a healthy dose of humor)
- Powergirl: Known for having the biggest chest in DC, there's actually a lot more to PG than you'd think by looking at her.